Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Where have you been all my life?

Today, I received a most pleasant and agreeable MOG notification. My friend Pekka, a man of discerning taste, delivered this most delicious piece of music: Ceremony. First good sign: their name invokes New Order, a band I reverence above all but a few. Better sign: their imagery rings of My Bloody Valentine, whom I reverence above all.

These guys make music that is positively engineered to make me fall to my knees. Droning vocals low in the mix, buried behind huge walls of guitars and drum machines, dare me to not drop it onto the Gigabeat, run out to the car, and go anywhere at high velocity. And the melodies and vocal harmonies buried in the mix that peek out ever so gently ... swoon.

Seriously, go to their Myspace NOW NOW NOW, and prepare to fall in love.

Then again, maybe just watch this:


1 comment:

lucy said...

loving this so much!!!