Friday, November 2, 2007

Time well spent

Two tickets to the second-run theater to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the third time a piece ... $5.00.
A gallon of milk, Rice Chex, and hair color ... $13.27.
Dinner for two at the Chinese buffet place ... $23.04.
Letting Melissa know that I'm not glued to the PC, skiving off work to spend a night with her, and counting her almost sixteen years into our marriage ... priceless.

Oh yeah, good times.

I don't know why I get suckered into Chinese buffet. We actually have a pretty good Chinese restaurant that we found right after moving here, but we still try other places, and each time I've come out disappointed. What really gets me is why some places feel the need to compete with Hometown Buffet and the like, by offering poorly-done fried chicken and French fries, or heaven help me, enchiladas, instead of just hooking up some really good Chinese food. It's sad, really. They at least had some basic sushi, which was nice, and their mushrooms in brown gravy was good.

I had to laugh as I sat down with my first plate. I had piled it pretty good, but I had broccoli I had taken from the beef & broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, and a yummy chicken & veggie stir-fry. If I had been there last year, it would have been laden sky-high with lo mein and meat and the like. I walked out today feeling full, but not totally bloated.

Melissa and I decided that OotP may be the most subtle of the Harry Potter movies, because it reveals little secrets from close inspection. For example, you can see the scowl that crosses Ginny's face every time Harry and Cho talk together. There's rock music in the Gryffindor common room, and I couldn't quite hear it well enough to place who does it. So I'm a Harry Potter geek; it's little things like that that bring me joy.

Well, enough for today. Good night all.

No comments: