Saturday, November 24, 2007

Home again

No more vacation posts, I'm home, and had to get right back to work, bleech.

It was so hard to leave our friends, to come back to Wichita. They had been so warm and welcoming, even though I had hardly seen the husband all week. Poor guy's getting hammered by angry shoppers at Best Buy right now, even. What a life. At least they pay him well for his efforts. Ozark, MO is so green and beautiful, with lots of rolling hills that would have been great for long bike rides. And if I had brought my laptop, I could even have used their network to work. Sigh. Alas, I have two lessons for which to study and teach tomorrow at church, and needed to hurry back.

We discovered, over the past few days, that our middle son Jordan may be a good singer. He was playing the American Idol game for the PS/2 all week, and was doing really well. Now, I'm not about to give Simon Cowell another penny, but we do plan on getting the Rock Band game as soon as we have the spare coinage, and we now know who will be our band vocalist. I'll take the drums, as I think I'm better at that than guitar. Morgan can take the guitar, and Melissa can be the token-female bassist, our Kim Deal, as it were. :)

Anyway, the drive home was thankfully uneventful. We made it home in five hours easily, maybe even less. The only disappointment there was to get home and find out that the power is no longer working in the master suite. Ugh, we get to call over our electrician brother-in-law.

No comments: