Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Few Pounds of Flesh

No, not another weight-loss entry today, although I really do need to get back on that. I'm just very frustrated tonight with the workload that remains on my plate, with vacation approaching.

I work on IT, more specifically, in IT security. I get to do all the grunt work that entails, such as applying security patches, checking security settings, changing passwords, et cetera. I actually like my job a lot, but at times it can be very stressful. In addition, there's always something going on. Usually, I can handle juggling two or three different things, and come out fine.

This past week, on the other hand, has been a non-stop carnival ride. Everything has hit at once. This past Tuesday, Microsoft released their security patches. Sure, there were only two, but it still means scheduling downtime so I may apply the patches to the servers that need them. There have been a number of audit data requests, which all must of course be answered right away. I needed to finish checking server security for a handful of servers. I need to babysit our other security team, in case they FUBAR a server and I get the joyous task of bringing it back to life. Oh yeah, and the cherry on top, th reason I'm so stressed tonight: I need to change the privileged account password for over nine hundred servers. UGH!

The only relief this week has been sweet, beautiful music. That might be obvious, as I've posted more music here than I usually do (I usually MOG about music). Right now, I'm enjoying a mix of sweet-themed songs that's going down nicely.

By Monday, I'll be well out of town, and work will be far behind me. I hope.

No comments: