Friday, November 16, 2007

Tonight, we got to go to a Thanksgiving dinner at our church, which turned out to be really nicely attended. There might have been 100 people ready to get their feed on, and everyone brought something yummy. I brought a cranberry-orange dipping sauce, that goes really well with turkey, and Melissa brought a huge pan full of potato casserole.

This turned out to also be a good bellwether for how well I'm going to be able to maintain things as a newly slim guy. I knew going in that I would probably overeat, so I planned for it in advance by going real light for breakfast and lunch, and by riding the bike even though I had not planned to do so. I felt a bit bloated when I got home, but now I'm feeling nothing but a bit sleepy. The key was loads of veggies: there was cooked broccoli, steamed carrots, and green bean casserole, and I had more of those things than I did turkey, mashed potatoes, or stuffing. Actually, come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any stuffing. Boo!

No comments: