Sunday, November 25, 2007

Reasons To Rejoice

Today, I taught a lesson based on a talk from Elder Dieter Uchtdorf from this past October's General Conference, about how the gospel can give us joy, even in times of sorest trials. The lesson went fairly well, although I didn't study the talk nearly long enough. It did, however, give me cause to reflect on the things that make me feel joy.

As this is ostensibly a music blog (well, it was at first, but has mutated since), new musical discoveries always bring me joy. There are so many talented artists out there toiling in obscurity, and it's wonderful to find them, and hopefully bring them to a bigger audience.

I also rejoice that my family seems to be getting closer together. Our recent vacation went really well, with a few potholes, of course. Morgan has his moments, as all teenagers do, but when he's not trying to prove how cool he is, he's a good guy. Really.

My friends are an unending source of joy. The only disappointment in that regard is that they're all online friends, and therefore still removed slightly.

And finally, my faith is a great source of joy, in that whenever I feel overwhelmed, or feel unequal to the tasks before me, I can know that if I continue to press forward and do the things I know I need to do, the rest will take care of itself.

No comments: