Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Vacation Post #2

To the people of O'Reilly Auto Parts:

This is to inform you of the kind service I received this day from an unknown employee of your store in Cuba, MO.
In the midst of our trip from Illinois to Ozark, MO, we experienced sluggish performance and our Check Engine light came on. I pulled off the highway and tried replacing the air filter, to no avail. At the suggestion of a gas station attendant, I pulled into O'Reilly Auto Parts to get some advice. I got much more than that.
The employee pulled out his diagnostic device and plugged it into the port in our car, and immediately figured out the possible cause of the trouble. He reached in under the hood and found a problem: one of the vacuum hoses had broken. He went in, cut a length of hose, replaced it, and retested the car. All the time, he kept us in high spirits and reassured us that he would help us solve all the issues he could. It turned out that the hose solved all our issues.
I will not soon forget his kindness and knowledgefulness.

Thanks again,

(signature)

3 comments:

Dale said...

I intend to send this on to O'Reilly Auto Parts HQ later on. I just now got into our friends' home.

One more thing: I had been wondering what on earth that 20-pin port under our dash was for, and now I know. That's actually quite handy.

redhairedgirl said...

I'm glad it all worked out for you. One of my biggest nightmares is to have my car break down in the middle of a road trip. Thank goodness it hasn't happened yet.

Dale said...

I was scared to death that we'd have a National Lampoon Vacation-type mechanic that would charge us an arm and a leg, so I was doubly relieved.