Monday, November 26, 2007

The Stretch Run

So this is the last week of NaBloPoMo. Hooray! I don't know if I'll get anything for writing here every day, but it has been a challenge, no doubt about it. There have been more than a few days where I've stared at the Create Post page for ten minutes, trying to think of anything interesting to talk about.

I think I got to participate in a small miracle tonight. My mother-in-law called me tonight and asked me to bring over my consecrated oil, as her newest grandson Brodie, who is living with her with her mom and dad as they get their feet back under them, was wheezing and coughing. I grabbed my keychain with the flask of oil, and headed over to her house. Brodie was sleeping fitfully at the time, so we waited until his other grandparents could make it over. Once they made it, we headed into his room. I put a small drop of oil on my finger and rubbed it on his forehead, then put my hands on his head and finished the anointing. Grandpa then took over, and we sealed the anointing and blessed him to be whole. By the time we finished, he had woken and was in full voice. He immediately drank a full bottle of formula, and looked much happier, or at least sounded better. We'll see how he does, but I feel confident that he'll now recover fully.

No comments: