Friday, November 9, 2007

Party Games

Listening to: Nine Black Alps - Love/Hate

This morning, my wife was too sick to take care of her calling to teach seminary, so she asked me to cover. Luckily for me, today was game day, a chance to let the kids learn about the scriptures in a fun way. We dug around last night and found a game based on the party game Taboo, got it together, and let the kids try it out. It worked great; all the kids were involved, on the edge of their seats, and working together as teams. I couldn't have been more pleased. They gave me the ultimate seal of approval; they asked if we could play it again.

This makes me think, what's better at a party then getting people together to play Taboo? What a perfect game! You're forced to work together, and hang on the clue giver's every word. Connections get formed, and lines of communication are opened. Great ice-breaker. And let's not forget the joy of the buzzer! How many guys have NOT used that thing as a shaver?

I think it's time we get some people over for some game time. We still don't know our neighbors very well, which is a shame. Also, there are plenty of people from church that I'd like to get to know better.

Besides, it's a great excuse to play Scattergories for the purpose of showing off my knowledge of obscure band names. Heh.

4 comments:

lucy said...

did you say scattagories????

really????

it is unfair that we are not neighbors. i love that game so much. i had a copy of it when i first lived on my own, and we used to have people over to play that on sunday nights. i miss game night.

Dale said...

Yeah, life is unfair sometimes. :(

I feel a MOG post, qbout band names that would count as double (Franz Ferdinand) or triple (Sigue Sigue Sputnik) word score.

Yes, I'm that kind of geek.

lucy said...

duran duran (you knew i'd say that), foo fighters,

would a fine frenzy count?

Dale said...

Yeah, I left Duran Duran out there for you, but A Fine Frenzy wouldn't work because of the A. Fiery Furnaces, on the other hand ...