Thursday, September 25, 2008

San Antonio update

Short answer: nope.

Longer answer: I got an e-mail today from the recruiter there, thanking me for my patience. They felt I was a low-to-mid Level 2 sysadmin, which I suppose is fair. I have loads of experience is some things, but things most sysadmins work on constantly, like SQL Server or Exchange, I've barely touched. And I'm rusty as all get out on IIS. Anyway, they were looking for a high Level 2, so I didn't really fit what they were looking for, but would keep me in mind for something a bit lower on the food chain.

On the bright side, I did get a trip to San Antonio out of the deal, got some face-to-face interviewing experience, and have a clearer picture of my strengths and weaknesses.

Plus, I had three good interviews for other jobs. One is local, the other two are in San Diego and Pasadena. I would have greatly enjoyed San Antonio, but San Diego ... wow! :)

No comments: