Wednesday, September 3, 2008

San Antonio

Not that big a secret, but I've been job-hunting for about two months now. It's been a long hard slog, much like having a second job, really. Sometimes, when I'm getting callbacks and interviews, it's very gratifying. Makes you feel worthwhile, ya know? Then there are the times when you get loads of e-mails saying "Thanks but no thanks" or when you bomb an interview. That stinks, no two ways about it.

Why change now? Getting no raise two years running, while getting more and more work, but only in a limited technical scope. So I'm struggling more and more to pay bills, but my skills are eroding. Nice combo. And the trinkets they keep sending me are nice but not enough.

So, here I sit. For the first time in my life, I've been flown to a remote location to interview for a job. To be honest, I hadn't thought that I did well on the initial phone interview. I found myself hitting Google pretty heavily to brush up on questions they had asked. Then last week, they offered to fly me out to their site in San Antonio for a face-to-face interview. Oh joy!

I promise there will be more information as things happen, but right now I'm looking forward to chilling on one of the TWO queen-size beds in my hotel room, taking advantage of their high-speed Internet, and blasting Burial.

PS: I'm still trying to find someplace close to the e-fam, but if this comes through, at a good salary, I'm taking it. Appreciation FTW!

No comments: