Thursday, December 6, 2007

No more dialing China

Last Saturday, while in my excitement to remove my dirty clothes from the campout and get into something warm, I did something phenomenally stupid, even for me. I left my cell phone in my jeans pocket. I then proceeded to throw all my clothes in the wash. Yup, by the time I realized what had happened, I had a very clean, but utterly useless, cell phone.

Of course, this could not have come at a worse time. I'm dead broke, so buying a cell phone would be impossible. And I really need to keep a phone on me all the time, for work.Melissa's got a good cell phone, but she needs hers as well. Fortunately, after calling around the family for soemone with a spare cell phone, I found one that could be programmed for Cricket. Nothing exciting, but I don't need exciting, I just need functional.

So, here it is, the new thing:

And look Ma, it's a flip phone. This is good, as I'm fond of stuffing my phone into my pockets and ignoring the beeps and boops emitting from my old Motorola non-flip phone. I would then pull it out and find a long line of gobbledygook thereon. I'd stare at it and wonder, "How the heck did I manage to type in a P?!? This phone isn't in txt mode!"

Well, here's to clearing out your pockets before doing the wash, and to new technology.


And now, enjoy some Horrors. This connects, really. :)

No comments: